What is Main Street?
Why Main Street?
- It creates jobs – A revitalized district attracts new industry and strengthens service and retail job markets.
- It saves tax dollars – Revitalization stabilizes and improves a downtown's tax base while also protecting existing investments.
- It preserves a community's historic resources – In an economically healthy downtown, property owners maintain their historic buildings and preserve an important part of their community's heritage and identity.
- It builds community pride – Main Street provides a public space for community members to come together, create new partnerships and celebrate their downtown.
- Main Street Storefront Renovation Project
- “What is Main Street” Information Campaign
- Painted Bench Fundraiser Project
- Holiday Event & Décor Five Year Plan
- Investor & Sponsor Opportunities
- Plan for Growth for Downtown
- Downtown Tourism Campaign
- DESIGN COMMITTEE
- Co-Chairs: Lana Justice & Gene Dukes
- ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE
- Co-Chairs: Libby Imbody & Amy Welch
- PROMOTION COMMITTEE
- Co-Chairs: Emily Roberts & Sheila Galloway
- ECONOMIC VITALITY COMMITTEE
- Co-Chairs: Greg Harris & Cliff Powell