The City of Walhalla is looking forward to a fun and safe Christmas parade this year. In light of the current COVID-19 cases, the Walhalla City Council has directed that we take all precautions while continuing to host a holiday tradition in downtown Walhalla. Our merchants and restaurants have decorated for the season and will be having specials and sales all day long. We encourage families to come early to shop and eat! KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Parade is Saturday, December 5 at 5:00pm.
- Main Street will be closed from approximately 4:45 through the duration of the parade. The parade will run from Church to Ann on the westbound side of Main Street.
- There will be no candy distributed this year. This will ensure that spectators remain a safe distance from the parade route, prevent handling unsanitized items, and will help discourage crowds.
- As per state ordinance regarding gatherings over 250, masks are required. We will have them available if anyone needs one.
- All participants should follow CDC and DHEC guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- If any member of your group does not feel well, we ask that they stay home and join us next year.
- To ensure that everyone can view the parade, we will be broadcasting it live on the Main Street Walhalla Facebook page.